[vtk-developers] CMake 3.0rc1 warnings...

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Mar 7 10:56:02 EST 2014

Hi all,

Not sure if I'm the first to try, but I've updated my Rogue3 dashboard to use CMake 3.0rc1 and there are new warnings from it:

<http://open.cdash.org/viewConfigure.php?buildid=3245403>

Looks like HDF5 related and wrapping related, ex:

CMake Warning (dev) at ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/CMakeLists.txt:607 (ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND):
  Policy CMP0040 is not set: The target in the TARGET signature of
  add_custom_command() must exist.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0040" for
  policy details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and
  suppress this warning.

  The target name
  "/Users/builder/external/VTK-gcc-dbg-ppc-shared/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/H5Edefin.h"
  is unknown in this context.

CMake Warning (dev) at Wrapping/Python/CMakeLists.txt:266 (add_dependencies):
  Policy CMP0046 is not set: Error on non-existent dependency in
  add_dependencies.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0046" for policy details.
  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  The dependency target "vtkCommonPython" of target "vtkpython_pyc" does not
  exist.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com