[vtk-developers] Failing tests on dashlin1

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 22:27:04 EDT 2014

Those tests are some of the few (I think there are 3 altogether, but
there could be more) that use the front buffer when doing the image
capture for comparison to the baseline. The vast majority of tests
capture the back buffer.

Tests that capture the front buffer are susceptible to accidentally
capturing pixels from overlapping (and completely arbitrary, depending
on what's on screen at the time) windows as part of the image
capture... So you end up with test results that have junk in them like
this:

http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=259246517&build=3358643

I know what it is, but I'm not sure what to do about it...

HTH,
David C.