[vtk-developers] Gerrit and OpenID

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Jul 3 20:35:57 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 14:51:24 -0400, Sean McBride wrote:
> Guess it's been a while since I used gerrit because I discovered
> MyOpenID (that I used for my OpenID) has closed down.  In fact, seems
> like OpenID itself is going the way of the dodo...

Google has been rumored to be ending support as a provider Soon. Seems
they really want to be another Apple-like silo :( (albeit one that
actually acknowledges that something other than their precious silo
might exist).

> Anyone know an OpenID provider?  Or how else can I log back into
> gerrit?

Many of the "social networks" provide OpenID (e.g., Google, Facebook,
Yahoo!, and more; StackOverflow has an example list[1] on their signup
page).

The OpenID site has a list[2] as well.

If you can host something, there are also multiple ways; at least
Janrain[3] and Fedora's provider is FOSS[4] as well (though I've
deployed neither, so I have no information on which would be easier to
setup).

--Ben

[1]https://stackoverflow.com/users/signup
[2]http://openid.net/get-an-openid/