[vtk-developers] GLSL Shader on a vtkActor (VTK 6.1 and Qt 5.2.1)

carlinhos carlinhosmp87 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 03:15:27 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm using Vtk 6.1.0 and Qt 5.2.1 (C++) to develop my app.

I have an assembly with different actors into a vtkRenderWindow.

I load a shader with the class vtkShader2, and create the program with
vtkShaderProgram2, all ok with this. After that, i wanted to attach the
shader to the actors (i'm going to use different shaders, depending on the
actors). The problem is i didn't find examples or documentation to do this
and i'm not capable to use the classes for the shaders correctly.

I searched into the class vtkOpenGLProperty to set the vtkShaderProgram2
with the method "SetPropProgram" and i set the property of the actors with
that one, but vtk shows me a warning window with a conflict between the
default shaders and mine (total 4 shaders, 2 vertex and 2 fragment).

Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!!