[vtk-developers] (Python) QVTKWidget - GUISupport/QtDesigner plugin problem

Nicholas Yue yue.nicholas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 17:39:14 EST 2014

Hi,

     I have build VTK 5.10.1 (with SIP) and Qt 4.8.1

     I have added the plugin into Qt Designer and can drag+drag the widget.

     When generating the code from the UI file from Qt Designer

         pyuic4 -w ProceduralWidget.ui -o ProceduralWidget_ui.py

     I noticed that the following line

         from QVTKWidget import QVTKWidget

     was generated in the file ProceduralWidget_ui.py

     I believe the correct line should be something like

         from vtk import QVTKWidget

     I had a look at the VTK 5.10.1 source but could not find the
location of where this is generated and hence can't test out a fix.

     Suggestions are welcomed.

     Happy New Year to VTK users on the list.

Cheers

--
Nicholas Yue
Graphics - RenderMan, Visualization, OpenGL, HDF5