[vtk-developers] vtkBitArray.cxx:592:1: warning: all paths through this function will call itself [-Winfinite-recursion]

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Jan 15 11:44:28 EST 2014

Hi all,

I updated Rogue7 to (a newer) clang svn trunk, and they've added a new warning that I believe has found a real bug:

void vtkBitArray::RemoveFirstTuple()
{
  this->RemoveFirstTuple();
  this->DataChanged();
}

vtkBitArray.cxx:592:1: warning: all paths through this function will call itself [-Winfinite-recursion]

Sure looks like infinite recursion to me...

There is no coverage of that function:
<http://open.cdash.org/viewCoverageFile.php?buildid=3176671&fileid=11422264>

By analogy with vtkDataArrayTemplate maybe the first line should be:

  this->RemoveTuple(0);

Someone know this code?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com