[vtk-developers] Building VTK 5.10.1 on Amazon EC2

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 08:47:12 EST 2014

Hi Nicholas,

Just to follow up - I built VTK 5.10.1 on a 32bit Linux AMI. The VTK libs
built fine, but linking the GraphicsCxxTest executable fails because it
can't find libXt symbols referenced in libvtkRendering.

To fix the bug, just add the lines below to
VTK/Graphics/Testing/Cxx/CMakeList.txt

  IF(X11_Xft_FOUND)
    target_link_libraries(${KIT}CxxTests ${X11_Xft_LIB})
  ENDIF(X11_Xft_FOUND)

This will only crop up if testing is on... switch that off in CMake and its
goes too.

Goodwin