[vtk-developers] How do interact with multiple actors independently in a render window?

Student Life lifestudent37 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:27:36 EST 2014

Hi,

Basically, I have multiple actors in my render window, and so far if I
rotate one actor all the actors move with it as well.

I want to interact with multiple objects independently. For example, if I
have 5 objects in a render window, I want to only move, rotate and interact
with the one selected object; whilst the rest of the 4 objects stay where
it is.

At the moment, the camera is doing the magic and as I rotate the
independent object, other objects move at the same time and I don't want
that to happen.

I also want to store all the objects in memory.

I intend to use C++.

This is my sort of class structure...

class ScreenObjects{
   vtkActor (LinkedList); // I intend on using a linkedlist to store
all the actors

   public:
   ScreenObjects(); // Constructor. Initializes vtkActor to null.
   void readSTLFile(); // Reads the STL File
   bool setObject(); // Sets current object, so you can only interact
with the selected object}

I am missing quite a lot of functions and detail in my class, as I don't
know what else to include that would be of use. I was also thinking of
joining two objects together, but again, I don't know how to incorporate
that in my class; any information on that would be appreciated.
Would really appreciate it if I could be given ideas.