[vtk-developers] VTK 6.1 python examples

Windes, Grant Grant.Windes at smith-nephew.com
Tue Dec 9 19:22:16 EST 2014

I've been working on migrating our application (written in python) from vtk 5.10 to vtk 6.1

All the python examples that I have read through on the vtk wiki are still using vtk 5 syntax (http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/GeometricObjects/Display/Cube)

What's the best way to go about updating these to both support vtk 5 and support vtk 6+

Any preference about updating the wiki pages? Or maybe I am missing the location of the vtk6 python examples

1.       Fix something in the current build system?

2.       Create separate examples for vtk5 and vtk6

3.       Use if check (Seems like it could get messy)
if VTK_MAJOR_VERSION <= 5:
      current vtk
code else:
      vtk6+ code