[vtk-developers] Driving away your existing developers

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Aug 28 11:07:49 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Alas I haven't had the time with my impending vacation to add some thoughts, but I'll say broadly that I agree with what most of you are saying.

One thing I don't think anyone has said, maybe because I'm the only one that thinks this way :), is that I find it hard to follow what changes are happening in VTK.  Certainly reading the lists and kitware blog helps, but I think it would be cool to have 2 additional things:

1) a 'commits' email list, like other projects.  Where you get an email for every merge into master.
2) a weekly summary like this:

<http://llvmweekly.org/issue/34>

Which obviously would take time and effort on someone's part, but would be cool. :)

You kitware guys probably chat at lunch about what others are doing, but from outside it's not always so clear.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com