[vtk-developers] VTK code review / testing / integration workflow

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Aug 25 15:50:59 EDT 2014

> My preferred workflow as a developer would be:
> 2. I assign people to review topic

+1 all the way -- this sounds like a fantastic workflow.

One additional requirement I would impose on the workflow is that
automatic build/test kickoff only be allowed by requests from a list of
trusted individuals. If you're not on the list, you have to ask
somebody who is on the list to kick it off for you.

A fantasy feature for me would be that the system injects a step
1.5/2.5 in the developer workflow, and automatically chooses 3-5
reviewers for you based on reviewers "signing up" for reviewing certain
modules, or perhaps based on recent-ish commits in the same files...

Also, one more: it would be nice to have the merge be automatic as soon
as it's "approved." (extension to Rob's Dev workflow: Step 6. Automatic
merge upon
approval.)

David C.