[vtk-developers] VTK code review / testing / integration workflow

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Aug 25 11:05:58 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 10:24:44 -0400, David Cole wrote:
> > When viewing a diff, you can click "Patch Sets" at the top to get a
> > bunch of radio buttons to choose the old/new revision to view.
>
> That's exactly the view that gets messed up when somebody does a rebase
> in between patch sets. It's only useful all the time if everybody
> agrees to avoid rebasing changesets.

Ah, you mean rebase on a different merge-base. When working on branches,
I have a script (git-remake; see below) which will rebase on the same
merge-base so that the branch is rooted to the same spot, but the
commits change.

Adding --fork-point for recent-enough git versions (1.9.x?) to the
merge-base calculation is recommended for branches which have master
merged back into it.

--Ben

======= git-remake =======
#!/bin/sh