[vtk-developers] Unexpected behaviour of vtkTransformFilter

Markus Fuger markus.fuger at outlook.com
Thu Aug 7 05:03:29 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am not entirely sure if I found a bug - but at least it is a behavior I did not expect like that.
I do have a vtkUnstructuredGrid object with a 3 component vector as point data.
If I apply the vtkTransformFilter with a scaling of - let's say 1000 - in each direction. not only the coordinates get scaled but as well the values within the point data array. Due to the fact, that this data could be a physical value or whatsoever I believe that this is a bug. (I am using vtk6.2 from July 22nd 2014)

I could repeat this problem as well in the latest release version of ParaView (4.1).

Could perhaps one of the vtk-developers confirm that this is a bug or that this behavior is wanted - because I will then need to change my code.

With kind regards,
Markus