[vtk-developers] More VTK Wiki Examples questions

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:22:01 EDT 2014

Hi David,

I just compiled and ran the example on my laptop (Windows 8.1, VS 2013)
using a recent checkout of the VTK Master, and I get the same image as the
test image. The data file I used is the one that is downloaded into the
build directory, namely the one in: \ExternalData\Testing\Data\Infovis

When I build VTK, it downloads any test files and the corresponding
*.md5-stamp file into this directory. Maybe VTK_DATA_STORE needs to be set
to point to the ExternalData directory for CTest to work correctly. It is
definitely set when CMake runs on the VTK source.

I hope this helps.

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean