[vtk-developers] A weird 6.x specific bug with ModifiedEvents

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Mon Apr 14 14:28:09 EDT 2014

On 4/14/14 11:43 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> I agree. I think SetColor/GetColor is a bad idea on vtkProperty. Maybe
> we deprecate the GetColor method thus making the fact that SetColor is
> a convenience method more obvious. One just have get the
> "ComputedColor" or a particular component (Specular, Diffuse etc.)

I am sure there must be a fair number of folks who continue to use
Get/SetColor so this will be a pain point when migrating older code.  In
the interest of other consumers of the API not littering code with
special cases for VTK 6.x, I humbly request that a less drastic measure
be chosen than deprecation.

Prabhu