[vtk-developers] Repost: Adding light for specific actor

jas jaspreet.punjab at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 13:57:00 EDT 2014

Let me try to explain whats my situation.

Earlier I had an object loaded and I was colouring it with actor.setcolor()
and left the lights to be generated automatically.

Now I wanted a directional light on top of the object. Let say if I had
actor color set to be Red and I wanted Green light on top of it; it couldn't
work as Red wont allow green to bounce off. So what I did was I added a
light of type headlight with color red on the render and left the
object/actor color to be white. Now object/actor is Red with Green light on
top.

But I also have other objects/Actors on scene for which I don't want Red
headlight but other color.

So is it possible to shade an object Red and still and Green directional
light pointed at it.

Thanks very much once again for your previous reply

Jas