[vtk-developers] Possible vtkScalarBarActor improvement

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Sep 16 11:16:39 EDT 2013

Hi Kevin,

> The SetAnnotation method in vtkScalarsToColors is what I need in deed. ...

Great.

> The interface is fine. I wonder if it is possible to add a method to control whether values are used for labels in the vtkScalarBarActor or the annotations are used. ...

I would be willing to consider adding something to the vtkScalarsToColors class to switch between sets of strings if we can come up with a clean API that preserves backwards-compatability -- but don't think the class should be  responsible for generating a string label for each value; it is very hard to get otherwise-rational people to agree on how to format numbers and vtkVarints as text. :-)

	David