[vtk-developers] Dashboard alert!

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Sep 16 08:45:33 EDT 2013

On 09/16/2013 07:08 AM, David E DeMarle wrote:
> Brad can you take a look at this change:
> http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=commitdiff;h=6383648dc75720c84d9ae27a6d0f9a96cfceeb0a

This is the cause, but it actually builds as of that version
so my extensive local testing and the CDash at Home builds were
all clean.  I had even tested in one of the exact configurations
that is failing (same version of CMake, same platform, same set
of modules, same wrapping, etc.).  That's why I assumed the
problems were caused by one of the other 237 files that changed
that day and did not investigate until now.  My bad.

It is only when the above change was merged with other changes
in master that the build error occurs.  Both parents of the merge
that brought in the above change build cleanly by themselves.
The above change has a logical conflict with commit ffe037e9
(Fixed finalization bug in vtkTimeStamp, 2013-08-26):

 http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=commitdiff;h=ffe037e9

I'm investigating further to find the underlying issue.

-Brad