[vtk-developers] Dashboard alert!

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Sep 13 17:35:22 EDT 2013

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:27:04 -0400, Bill Lorensen said:

>The vtk dashboard has autumn colors.
>http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=VTK
>
>Errors, warnings and valgrind defects make for a colorful, but
>neglected dashboard.
>
>Please: after you merge changes, check the dashboard the next day.

Yes, the human element can always be improved upon, and thankfully we have Bill to rightfully nag us!  :)

>Gerrit builds can only cover a few configs,

That said, something's not optimal when about 1/3 of the expected nightlies are red and zero of the continuous are.

It looks like no continuous has Java on for example.  Are the continuous machines overloaded?  Should they maybe do a bit more to help catch things before nightlies do?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com