[vtk-developers] Reg: VTK , CMAKE and Windows 7

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Oct 23 10:24:37 EDT 2013

On 10/23/2013 4:48 AM, alagarajaR wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Sorry , What do you mean by Generator?
The following generators are available on this platform:
   Visual Studio 6             = Generates Visual Studio 6 project files.
   Visual Studio 7             = Generates Visual Studio .NET 2002 project
                                 files.
   Visual Studio 10            = Generates Visual Studio 10 project files.
   Visual Studio 11            = Generates Visual Studio 11 project files.
   Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003   = Generates Visual Studio .NET 2003 project
                                 files.
   Visual Studio 8 2005        = Generates Visual Studio 8 2005 project
files.
   Visual Studio 9 2008        = Generates Visual Studio 9 2008 project
files.

> I use CMake to Generate Project file also I wanted to build for Visual
> Studio 2008 Or 2010 . For both the configuration I get the same error.

Do you have both versions of the compiler on your platform?

Also, this does not seem to be a CMake issue.  Can you build a simple
hello world VS project right from the IDE?

You can also run cmake with --debug-trycompile.  This will leave the VS
project CMake is trying to build in the CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp directory.
Then you can load that project and try to build it with the IDE.

-Bill