[vtk-developers] libtiff inline insanity

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Oct 4 10:50:21 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Anyone know/understand the history of this nugget:

-----------------------
/* Define to `__inline__' or `__inline' if that's what the C compiler
   calls it, or to nothing if 'inline' is not supported under any name.  */
#ifndef __cplusplus
#define inline
//#cmakedefine inline
#endif

Here:

<http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=ThirdParty/tiff/vtktiff/tif_config.h.in;h=55ff16a21756dd896891f7b08ec47af664d0cafa;hb=HEAD>

The "#define inline" is causing linker errors for me.

Are VTK's minimum C compiler requirements now such that we can just assume 'inline' works?  Surely?  :)

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com