[vtk-developers] Confusion over Tcl 8.6 patches

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 13:15:46 EST 2013

I don't understand what you mean by "wanted to be sure"... parentage
in git is explicit and is laid down in stone.

The reason that I am concerned is that it was a lot of work to make
sure that the old release-tcl86_update branch could be merged cleanly
into both release (which was VTK 5.10.1 at the time, this was in March
2013) and master (which had been modularized).

Now, it seems that my efforts from last March were for nothing,
because you have re-backported a patch that was already clearly based
off of the exactly the tip of the current release-5.10 branch.