[vtk-developers] module question

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 17:06:29 EST 2013

how can I prevent a module if it depends on a class that won't be built?
for eg. vtkRenderingTk contains classes for onscreen use and shouldn't
be built if there's no onscreen render window available as in an OSMesa
only build.

I encountered this setting VTK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES with OSMesa only. I see
that there's an EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL flag, however that would reduce the
testing coverage of these classes, so I wanted to see if there was a way
to make the module conditional.

I'm tempted to do this:

# Rendering/Tk/module.cmake
if (NOT VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA OR (VTK_USE_X OR VTK_USE_COCOA OR
VTK_USE_CARBON))
   vtk_module(vtkRenderingTk
     GROUPS
       Tk
     DEPENDS
       vtkRenderingOpenGL
       vtkInteractionStyle
       vtkInteractionImage
     COMPILE_DEPENDS
       vtkTclTk
     TEST_DEPENDS
       vtkRenderingVolume
     EXCLUDE_FROM_WRAPPING
     )
endif()

I doubt that's going to fly. is there a better solution?