[vtk-developers] Module Set Intersection Problem for VTK

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 23:49:03 EDT 2013

Has anyone written e.g. a Python script which, when given a list of
modules, will return the minimal set of modules that that spans all those
modules?

For example a module like vtkIOInfovis automatically has these dependencies:
    vtkCommonDataModel
    vtkCommonSystem
    vtkCommonMisc
    vtkIOCore
    vtkIOLegacy
    vtkInfovisCore

so when using find_package(VTK COMPONENTS ... ) we can leave out those
modules if vtkIOInfovis has been included.

The main reason that I am asking is that I am working on the Examples and
refactoring the CMakeLists.txt files so that just the required modules will
be included.

We should be taking account of the modular structure of VTK!

If no one has written anything I will probably do it.

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean