[vtk-developers] Coverage issue - MacOSX CLang vs Ubuntu gcc

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Wed May 29 19:47:25 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,

VTK coverage is setup on two dashboard:
  1) MacLion-Clang-3.0-debug:
http://open.cdash.org/viewCoverage.php?buildid=2920701
  2) Ubuntu-Coverage:
http://open.cdash.org/viewCoverage.php?buildid=2921192&status=3

Now, if we look at the coverage of the file "vtkRenderingCoreModule.h", we
can see that:

 - On a Ubuntu dashboard, the file is covered without any issue. See [1]

 - On a MacOSX dashboard, despite all tests have been executed, the file is
not covered at all. Checking the dashboard logs, we can read the following
error:

// ----------
[...]
 Something went wrong
 Cannot find file:
[/Volumes/BIGMAC1/Dashboards/MyTests/VTK_BLD_Coverage/Rendering/Core/vtkRenderingCoreModule.h]
 in source dir: [/Users/kitware/Dashboards/MyTests/VTK_SRC_Coverage]
 or binary dir: [50]
[...]
// ----------

Seems the binary directory is incorrect. The value "50" is reported.
Looking at the source code of CMake, this should corresponds to the
BuildDirectory Ctest configuration. [2]

I am also wondering if this could justify the low coverage reported by the
dashboard despite of the fact all tests have been executed.

Before investigating further, does somebody faced a similar issue in the
past ?
 Did I miss something in the dashboard script configuration [3] ?
 Or something wrong in vtk_common.cmake ?
 Or is there something wrong with CMake ?

Thanks,
Jc

[1]
http://open.cdash.org/viewCoverageFile.php?buildid=2921192&fileid=11204252