[vtk-developers] Interfacing VTK with 3Dconnexion Drivers

brotoes brock.toews at gmail.com
Fri May 24 16:26:17 EDT 2013

Built into VTK is the ability to interface with 3Dconnexion devices. Below is
an example program that should, if I understand it correctly, work out of
the box. However, I am getting absolutely no response from the device. Has
anyone interfaced with 3Dconnexion devices before, and/or does anyone have
an inkling as to what my problem may be?

For the above problem, I am using the following
Platform: Mac OS 10.8
Language: C++ (pure C++, no wrapping)
Source:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Rendering/Testing/Cxx/TestTDx.cxx?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain
Device: 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator
VTK version: 5.10

And, of course, all relevant drivers have been installed.

Apologies if this was a double post, but I had some subscription errors with
my first post, so I don't think that'll be a problem.