[vtk-developers] vtkProperty :- Get/SetColor

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Mon May 13 04:12:54 EDT 2013

Hi All,
  Does anyone know why these methods are not virtual?
If there is no reason, can anyone see a problem with making these methods
virtual?

The reason I am looking at this is that I am considering making the methods
in vtkNamedColors virtual so that that this class can be subclassed. It
would also be easy to so the same change to Get/SetColor in vtkProperty.

I am thinking it would be nice to do things in a subclass of vtkProperty
such as SetColor("Red") etc.

Regards
  Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean