[vtk-developers] Dashboard failures, vtkSetNGetMacro

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Tue Mar 26 10:25:55 EDT 2013

> Question: is there a way of "watching" certain files in Git?
> I was wondering if we could set watches for some critical
> files (such as vtkSetGet) and be notified when they
> changed?

You can use RSS with the pubilc gitweb view to see changes to a
particular file. If you go to the gitweb blob view of a particular
file, you can click on the "RSS" button on the bottom to connect to the
RSS feed for when it changes.

Here's the blob URL for vtkSetGet.h:

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Common/Core/vtkSetGet.h;h=3688e8a3848274d03380290a0c0784977f03a5ac;hb=master

Here's the RSS URL for it:

    http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=rss;f=Common/Core/vtkSetGet.h

Finding a good RSS reader / notifier that will send you email when it
changes... that, I don't know and will count on further replies from
the community to help out.

Github may also have some notification capabilities, but I have not
looked into that.

Cheers,
David C.