[vtk-developers] Dashboard failures, vtkSetNGetMacro

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 07:35:28 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Will Schroeder
<will.schroeder at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi David-
>
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:05 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 3) The biggest problem, however, it is that it is a new macro, and if
>> people plan to add new macros, I think they should check with Berk,
>> Brad, or Will first.
>

> I disagree on one front, certain changes should be floated past the
> community (including you) not just a few. However sometimes it's hard to
> know what these changes are and when to float them, etc. honest mistakes are
> made. Anyway let's see what we can do about the roach, I need to know more.

I was too hasty to name specific gatekeepers... I agree that these
decisions are a shared responsibility.  It's worth noting that the new
macro was added before the switch to Gerrit.

My suggestion is that vtkSetNGetMacro be removed, it is only used
in a couple places and it was not in the VTK 5.10 release.

Places where it is used:
IO/Image/vtkImageReader2.h
Rendering/Context2D/vtkOpenGLContextDevice2D.h

 - David