[vtk-developers] GSoC 2013 - dual contour algorithm

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Mar 25 14:11:16 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM, Lakshman <acrlakshman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to participate in google summer of code 2013 and currently thinking
> about implementing "dual contour" algorithm for surface reconstruction into
> vtk libraries. Can anybody advice whether this alone can be worth a summer
> project, if VTK participates this year?

Hi,

Just to confirm we will be applying this year, I am putting together
the organization application at the moment. The ideas page is here,

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/GSoC_2013

These are ideas from our developers, but we would of course consider
original ideas from students too. We will have to wait and see if VTK
is accepted as a mentoring organization, but once that has happened
then please feel free to contact us on this list and we can help flesh
out ideas, give pointers and/or provide early feedback before student
proposals.

Best wishes,

Marcus