[vtk-developers] OSMessa Build Failures

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 15:14:47 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Kevin H. Hobbs <hobbsk at ohio.edu> wrote:
> On 03/13/2013 02:19 PM, David Gobbi wrote:
>> contextId = OSMesaCreateContext(GL_RGBA, NULL);
>> OSMesaMakeCurrent(contextId, window,  GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, xsize, ysize);
>
> Thank you.
>
> I was working my way through vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx worrying that
> there was some other way that I could not perceive that these functions
> get called with other options.

These are the only calls and they look very ordinary.  On the other side of
the equation, the tests grab the images with code like this:

MakeCurrent();
while(glGetError() != GL_NO_ERROR) {};
glReadBuffer(front_or_back);

This also looks quite ordinary.  Of course there are a lot of gl calls
in between CreateContext and ReadBuffer.

 - David