[vtk-developers] Find center of polydata

Laurent Chauvin lchauvin at bwh.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 11 12:43:34 EDT 2013

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a vtk object that can find the center of the vtkPolyData.
I've seen there is vtkCenterOfMass but I'm not sure it's gonna fit.

My concern is if I use a U shape dataset (or S shape, or another strange shape), I feel like the center returned will be in the middle of the U.
What I would like is a "local" center, like this (the green one, not the red):

I would like to do this without having to define a ROI.
I would like for example to place a fiducial on model, and then, find the center of the model close to the fiducial I placed.

Is there any tool like this ?

Thank you very much.
-Laurent