[vtk-developers] Adding VTKData and VTKLargeData as optional submodules

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Mar 6 17:36:50 EST 2013

I agree with everyone :-)

I am also behind the ExternalData solution but we simply don't have
the cycles to implement it right now. I am going to slightly disagree
with the "work well enough" statement though. If you look at the
dashboard today, many of the Gerrit builds have failures in them due
to regression image changes. I had the same problem during hack-a-ton
: I couldn't get a single clean Gerrit dashboard because I had
branched from before a regression change. It was very annoying.

Maybe we should suggest to folks that they need to rebase their topics
more often to avoid these failure then? What does that do to Gerrit
topics?

PS: I dislike submodules as much as the next person.

-berk