[vtk-developers] Adding VTKData and VTKLargeData as optional submodules

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Mar 6 11:19:45 EST 2013

> Instead wouldn't it make more sens to generalize what ITK folks are doing to
> make its easy to reuse for other projects ?

Side note: the ExternalProject.cmake module will be available in CMake
2.8.11.  An article explaining why ExternalData.cmake is needed, its
advantages and disadvantages, how it works, and how to use it will be
available in the next addition of Kitware's The Source newsletter.

  http://www.kitware.com/media/thesource.html

Thanks,
Matt