[vtk-developers] Addition flag for valgrind

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Mar 6 09:35:02 EST 2013

But valgrind is getting slow. I may have to remove that flag from karego-at
valgrind.

--track-origins slows the tests down significantly - as evidenced by the
new >500s timeout test failures on the valgrind results (
http://open.cdash.org/viewDynamicAnalysis.php?buildid=2836814). There is
some free time available overnight on that machine, so I'm checking how
much extra time the failing tests require. I had kind of wanted that time
though to turn on more tests...

What is our preference:
1) keep the flag, increase the timeout, and continue to test what we do
2) disable just these slow tests on that machine and possibly turn on other
tests (MPI, Qt, Tcl, Python)
3) remove the flag and turn on more tests

I'm leaning toward 1. When we get and setup a newer test machine it should
be less of an issue and we can have out cake and eat it too.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive