[vtk-developers] Coverage

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 17:21:25 EST 2013

There are also a number of tests that aren't being run.  I wrote a
python script (attached) that looks through all the Testing
directories and identifies test programs that don't appear in a
CMakeLists.txt file.  It reports:

 166 out of 1770 tests are not enabled
 44 are commented out, the rest are unlisted in cmake

Compare this to VTK 5.10:

 54 out of 1213 tests are not enabled
 21 are commented out, the rest are unlisted in cmake

It's probably more informative to list the tests by language:

Cxx: 132 not enabled (39 in cmake but commented out)
Tcl: 19 not enabled (2 in cmake but commented out)
Python: 15 not enabled (3 in cmake but commented out)

Recently Bill and others have done an awesome job of reactivating tcl
and python tests, but a large number of C++ tests are still
missing/disabled.

 - David