[vtk-developers] Gerrit baseline policy

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Jun 28 13:08:51 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> On 6/28/2013 11:54 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell wrote:
>> Brad probably has more specific information
>
> The data upload through Gerrit is explained in wiki docs here:
>
>  http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git/Develop/Data#Discussion
>
> Currently nothing automatically adds data to MIDAS.  New
> data currently go only to the http://vtk.org/files/ExternalData
> location.  We have a script to upload files to MIDAS before
> doing a release: Utilities/Maintenance/ArchiveTestingData.py
> but it has to be run manually right now.

I missed the link on the develop page, but the main point stands that
there is no need for us to instruct developers to upload data to MIDAS
- it is put somewhere accessible automatically when the change is
pushed for review. I can update the wiki page to reflect this on the
policy page too.

Thanks for clarifying the process Brad.

Marcus