[vtk-developers] Clang: Unknown command tag name warning

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Jun 4 14:46:06 EDT 2013

This is what I think is happening:
* libxml2 uses gtk-doc instead of doxygen.
* our third party warnings prevention (VTK_THIRD_PARTY_WARNING_SUPPRESS
from CMake/vtkThirdParty.cmake) is preventing warnings from the compilation
of the libxml2 itself.
* your clang dashboard is the first one to try -Wdocumentation, which
chases the header from IO/Infovis/vtkXMLTreeReader.cxx (which isn't
suppressed) into libxml/include/hash.h .

I think the right thing to do is to add a global suppression for this case.
Pushing a patch to gerrit now.
Sean can you try it on one of the affected builds and see if it works?

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive