[vtk-developers] VTK bug tracker state proposal

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Jul 23 16:51:45 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Marcus D. Hanwell <
marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just looking at some of my bugs that got moved to backlog, and
> noticed the extreme amount of clicking necessary to go from backlog to
> closed now. I am not a fan, and would like to propose that the
> permissions be loosened up so that developers can move bugs from
> backlog to any other valid state (and potentially back again). We
> still maintain a complete record of the state changes associated with
> the bug, and when dealing with several bugs the number of clicks/page
> loads gets pretty high (two per state change).

Fixed in mantis now. (Doc isn't updated yet.)

> I think VTK would also benefit from a state of Review, Code Review or
> similar to denote that the bug has moved from active development to
> have a topic that is under review that should resolve the issue.

Not yet fixed but it will be.

> Marcus
> --
> Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
> Technical Leader, Kitware Inc.
> (518) 881-4937

I propose we also get rid of the "todo" state as well. In ParaView it is
meant as a way to uniquely assign jobs to people and to check how much work
each person has on their plate. I don't think we'll need that for VTK.

So it will look like:

backlog - active - review - closed

expired

with grey links for the shortcuts that make it fully connected