[vtk-developers] VTK bug tracker state proposal

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Tue Jul 23 11:34:55 EDT 2013

Hi,

I was just looking at some of my bugs that got moved to backlog, and
noticed the extreme amount of clicking necessary to go from backlog to
closed now. I am not a fan, and would like to propose that the
permissions be loosened up so that developers can move bugs from
backlog to any other valid state (and potentially back again). We
still maintain a complete record of the state changes associated with
the bug, and when dealing with several bugs the number of clicks/page
loads gets pretty high (two per state change).

I think VTK would also benefit from a state of Review, Code Review or
similar to denote that the bug has moved from active development to
have a topic that is under review that should resolve the issue.

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.
Technical Leader, Kitware Inc.