[vtk-developers] [VTK 0014170]: Segfault in vtkSmartVolumeMapper

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jul 15 07:40:41 EDT 2013

In the old days, when I found a silly bug that needed fixing, I committed it to the repository.

Now It seems I have to
1) file a bug report (for something so trivial the bug report takes longer then the fix)
2) attach the patch to the bug report
3) create a topic branch (done topic_0014170, from VTK master)
4) push a branch to gerrit (ok...)
But that doesn't work because it tells me that I need " [remote rejected] (missing Change-Id in commit message)" - I've run all the setup-development scripts and I'm sure this stuff used to work. (And where did all the stage branches go?) Am I supposed to just make up an Id or do I get one from somewhere?
Anyway ... After I fix that, I then have to ask people to review it (a waste of their time unfortunately since it's such a simple fix - and clearly whoever submitted this code originally didn't get it reviewed because it was utter nonsense) ... and then presumably wait around for it to make it eventually into a paraview branch.

Is there not an easier way than this. It pains me that I've basically given up making contributions to vtk/paraview because it is much easier to just keep fixes in my own branch and save myself the trouble.

JB