[vtk-developers] Errors when compiling VTK v6.0.0 in C++11 mode

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Sat Jul 13 06:51:11 EDT 2013

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 16:31:47 +0200, Kevin Funk said:

>/home/krf/devel/src/VTK-master/Common/Core/vtkMath.h: In static member
>function 'static int vtkMath::IsInf(double)':
>/home/krf/devel/src/VTK-master/Common/Core/vtkMath.h:1249:18: error: call of
>overloaded 'isinf(double&)' is ambiguous
>
> *SNIP*
>
>Since there are C++11 checks all over the code base I'd assume one can
>compile
>VTK in C++11 mode.

With which compiler, standard library, and OS do you see this?

My Rogue7 dashboard builds as C++11 nightly with clang on OS X, and this doesn't happen there.

The patch looks reasonable, but this code is fragile, it took David Gobbi and I a while to get it working with all (mmmm, most!) compiler/library/OS/language combinations.

I'm away on vacation, and have no VTK or compiler to look at this until next week, but maybe David can...

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com