[vtk-developers] quadratic cell types

Vanmoer, Mark W mvanmoer at illinois.edu
Thu Jan 31 17:30:27 EST 2013

Hi, I filed bug report #0013827 regarding contouring and isovolumes for quadratic cells, but since then I've been doing some reading and came across this paper:
Methods and Framework for Visualizing Higher-Order Finite Elements by Schroeder, et al.

And also this discussion from last June:
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2012-June/124131.html

And looked at the README.html referenced in the above discussion. So if I understand it right, one has to write an adaptor to work with  VTK_QUADRATIC_* cells that will supply a quadratic parameterization?

Thanks,
Mark