[vtk-developers] VTK_CURSOR_DEFAULT unsets the cursor on vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Wed Jan 30 05:25:03 EST 2013

Hi David,

Il 29/01/2013 17:15, David Gobbi ha scritto:
>> >Or perhaps the meaning of SetCurrentCursor(VTK_CURSOR_DEFAULT) should be
>> >changed and another "UnsetCurrentCursor()" should be added.
> I have a simpler idea that might work.  You could add a method
> SetDefaultCursor(..) to the vtkRenderWindow.  Then change the
> method SetCurrentCursor(VTK_CURSOR_DEFAULT) so that it
> will reset the cursor to this selected default shape, instead of to
> the system default shape.
>
> The idea is that the application will use window->SetDefaultCursor(...)
> to set the default cursor for the window, and the widgets/observers
> will use window->SetCurrentCursor().  When the widgets are done with
> the cursor, it will call SetCurrentCursor(VTK_CURSOR_DEFAULT) just
> like they do now.

thanks for the reply. This indeed is along the lines with "modify" the
meaning a bit, but it's backwards compatible, so I'll investigate this.

Would such a fix be accepted for the 5.x series (release branch?)
instead of VTK 6?

Thanks,
--
Giuseppe D'Angelo | giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com | Software Engineer