[vtk-developers] cannot link QVTKWidgetPlugin.dylib

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Thu Jan 24 19:07:59 EST 2013

Hi Aaron,

What about using directly the variable VTK_LIBRARIES.

Instead of:

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})
set(LIBS ${LIBS} QVTKWidgetPlugin vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL
vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL vtkInteractionStyle vtkChartsCore )

try:

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})
list(APPEND LIBS ${VTK_LIBRARIES})

Hth
Jc

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Aaron Knoll <knolla at tacc.utexas.edu> wrote:

>  This is odd, and I suspect it has to do with some Cmake settings.
>
>  I'm compiling a project that depends on QVTKWidgetPlugin. In CMakeLists
> I have the following:
>
>  find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
> include(${VTK_USE_FILE})
> set(LIBS ${LIBS} QVTKWidgetPlugin vtkRenderingFreeTypeOpenGL
> vtkRenderingVolumeOpenGL vtkInteractionStyle vtkChartsCore )
>
>  ld: library not found for -lQVTKWidgetPlugin
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
>
>  The only difference I've noticed is in VTK/lib, all other libraries have
> version numbering, e.g.
>
>  libvtkzlib-6.0.1.dylib
> libvtkzlib-6.0.dylib
>
>  And QVTKWidgetPlugin does not:
>
>  libQVTKWidgetPlugin.dylib
>
>  But even when I manually create symbolic links, linking fails with
> exactly the same error!
>
>  Any ideas? Thanks!
>
>  -Aaron

+1 919 869 8849