[vtk-developers] How can I test my PolyData Algorithm? #2

Kilgus, Thomas t.kilgus at Dkfz-Heidelberg.de
Thu Jan 24 13:30:57 EST 2013

Ok that is very interessting.

My deparment has no real experience with the rendering tests. I was trying to configure everything to unleash the power ;), but I struggled with Linux (which doesnt work at all) and Windows (which delivers strange rendered images, when a users connects to his machine via Remote Desktop). It was hard for me to get to know everything. In fact, I was looking into the code to understand how to insert multiple reference images for a single test (which is very easy once you know it, but I could not find any documentation).

Is there any documentation like "How to set up linux dartclients to use vtkRegressionTestImage" or stuff like that? Maybe I should solve our iissues regarding vtkRegressionTestImage, instead of programming my own functions to compare data objects.

Regards,
Thomas
Von: Moreland, Kenneth [kmorel at sandia.gov]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2013 17:32
An: Kilgus, Thomas; vtk-developers at vtk.org
Betreff: RE: [vtk-developers] How can I test my PolyData Algorithm? #2

To my knowledge there is no built in mechanism for comparing data objects and the like.  The VTK regression tests rely pretty much exclusively on the rendering tests.  I won't prattle on about the advantages of them, but suffice it to say that once configured the rendering tests are easy to set up to test a large fraction of what can be done with VTK.  So I am not aware of anyone bothering to implement anything else.

-Ken