[vtk-developers] vtkHyperOctree Deep Copy

Philippe Pébay philippe.pebay at kitware.com
Thu Jan 24 10:50:08 EST 2013

Hello Trevor,

Thank you for your message. I am currently working on vtkHyperTreeGrid data
set, which generalizes the concepts contained in vtkHyperOctree. At some
point the latter will be deprecated, and its functionality be completely
assumed by the former. I will look at your patch and see if I can push it
into the vtkHyperOctree in the meantime.

Thank you
Philippe

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Trevor Irons <trevorirons at gmail.com> wrote:

> A little while ago I posted to the users list a problem with the
> vtkHyperOctree->DeepCopy method:
> http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2013-January/127166.html
>

> The problem is that the DeepCopy actually provides a shallow copy of the
> underlying Octree.
>
> I have prepared a proposed patch that fixes this issue:
> http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/9452/
>
> And also filed a bug report:
> http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=13819
>
> This is my first time contributing to VTK. So I apologize if I have done
> something wrong. Please consider merging this changeset, or something
> similar. Is there another step I need to take to have the changeset
> reviewed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Trevor

Philippe Pébay, PhD
Director of Visualization and High Performance Computing /
Directeur de la Visualisation et du Calcul Haute Performance
Kitware SAS
26 rue Louis Guérin, 69100 Villeurbanne, France
+33 (0) 6.83.61.55.70 / 4.37.45.04.15
http://www.kitware.fr <http://www.kitware.fr/>