[vtk-developers] vtkGL2PSExporter emits no text

Aaron Knoll knolla at tacc.utexas.edu
Thu Jan 17 16:18:48 EST 2013

Thank you David, I'll use the master branch and see what I get.
-Aaron

From: David Lonie <david.lonie at kitware.com<mailto:david.lonie at kitware.com>>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:56:11 -0500
To: knolla Knoll <knolla at tacc.utexas.edu<mailto:knolla at tacc.utexas.edu>>
Cc: "vtk-developers at vtk.org<mailto:vtk-developers at vtk.org>" <vtk-developers at vtk.org<mailto:vtk-developers at vtk.org>>
Subject: Re: [vtk-developers] vtkGL2PSExporter emits no text

Hi Aaron,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Aaron Knoll <knolla at tacc.utexas.edu<mailto:knolla at tacc.utexas.edu>> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the vtkGL2PSExporter to write a vtkChartXY to SVG.
>
> <snip>
>
> When I export, the resulting SVG looks fine, but there is no text.
>
> I built this on Mac OS Lion 10.7.5 using VTK 5.10.1 and Qt 4.8.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this issue? I couldn't find anything relevant on the forums. Thanks!

The GL2PS exporter has recently been rewritten with improved support for text, charts, etc. These changes didn't make it into the 5.10.1 release, but the next release (or a build against a recent git master branch[1]) will handle the export much better.

Dave

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git