[vtk-developers] Mac OS X Build failure

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:31:49 EST 2013

Thanks David,

I installed my static Tcl/Tk libs and it worked out too... so long as you
do a "sudo make install_private_headers"

I always thought Tk bundled X11 libs solely for win32 benefits but it seems
Aqua builds require them over the system libs. When you diff the tk Xlib.h
against the system one they are quite different.

Also there was a small link problem too - "-framework Carbon" had to be
added to linker.

Goodwin