[vtk-developers] vtkUnstructuredGrid - Not rendering Overlapping Cells

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Feb 22 12:13:06 EST 2013

I'm guessing that you are using a vtkDataSetMapper (or equivalent) which
under the hood uses some sort of geometry filter.

When you use different nodes, the boundary operations return the number of
uses of a face as being <=1 hence a boundary face, and hence rendered. With
the same nodes, each face is used twice hence is an interior face and not
extracted, and hence nothing is rendered.

--
William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.
will.schroeder at kitware.com